Sponsored by Amazon
Want to try out Trump’s Reno Jackson Paladin deck but don’t have enough gold to buy the Adventure? Yearning to play Brann Bronzebeard in your Handlock deck so you can realize the 4/19 Twilight Drake dream? Fortunately, there is a way that you can get these cards in the latest Hearthstone adventure, The League of Explorers, and save some money in the process. The simple way to accomplish both is with Amazon Coins.
Amazon Coins are a digital currency that can be used to buy apps and in-game items in the Amazon Appstore. Conveniently, one of the games that is available in the Appstore is Hearthstone, meaning that Amazon Coins can also be used to pay for all your in-game Hearthstone content, including packs, arena entries or Adventures.
Typically, you can save up to 10% on apps, games and in-app items in the Amazon Appstore by purchasing Amazon Coins. For example, 10,000 Amazon Coins worth $100 can usually be purchased for $90, saving you $10. Sometimes, however, Amazon will run limited-time promotions when you can save even more. For example, now through December 31, 2015, you can purchase $100 worth of Amazon Coins (10,000 Coins) for $80, saving you $20.
So, instead of paying for your packs or Adventures with real money, you can buy them using the Amazon Coins which you purchased at a discount.
How much does this end up saving you? Let’s take the example of buying 10,000 Coins:
- With 10,000 Coins, you can purchase 2 bundles of 40 packs each for a total of 80 packs for $80.
- If you purchased those packs with real money through the Blizzard in-game store, it would cost you $100, so you saved $20 or 20%.
What about buying the League of Explorers adventure?
- Buying the whole Adventure normally costs $19.99.
- As I write this, 1,000 Amazon Coins cost $8.80. Since you need 2,000 Coins to purchase the Adventure, that would cost you $17.60, translating to a savings of $2.39 or 12%.
If you needed even more incentive to give Amazon Coins a try, for a limited time, TrumpFans has a number of Amazon Appstore promo codes to give away. Each code is worth $10 in credit that can be used to buy games and in-app items in the US Amazon Appstore.
Installing the Amazon Appstore
In order to use Amazon Coins to make in-game purchases, you’ll need to use a version of Hearthstone installed by the Amazon Appstore. This requires you to have access to an Amazon Fire or an Android phone or tablet. If you don’t own one yourself, you could temporarily borrow a friend’s device or use an Android emulator.
Before installing the Amazon Appstore:
- If you have already installed Hearthstone on your Android device via Google Play, uninstall it (and the Battle.net authenticator app from Google Play), as many people have reported problems when trying to install the Amazon Appstore version directly over the Google Play Hearthstone version.
- If you have other games in progress through Google Play or iOS, make sure to sync your information first, so you can pick up where you left off.
To install the Amazon Appstore App, visit http://amzn.to/1jkIUKy from your Android device. You will need to create an Amazon account and link your credit/debit or gift card to make purchases.
- You’ll be asked to open a web page through a browser (such as Boat Browser, Dolphin Browser) to download the Amazon Appstore App. Once you’ve opened the link, you’ll be able to download the Amazon App.
- Make sure to Turn on “Unknown Sources.”
To summarize, to buy Hearthstone content, such as the League of Explorers adventure, at a discount:
- Buy discounted Amazon Coins
- Use the Hearthstone App installed via the Amazon Appstore
- Navigate to the in-game store to make your purchases. Assuming you’ve correctly installed Hearthstone from the Amazon Appstore, the option to pay with Amazon Coins will appear.
Once you’ve followed these steps, you should now be prepared to seek out and acquire the pieces of the staff for the League of Explorers… and have a little extra money in your pocket to boot!